Tuesday 22 July 2008

Needles in haystacks

Visualization of the various routes through a ...Image via WikipediaSadly someone is running the Ungrouply blog with the intent of defaming Grouply. I would support this activity much more positively if and when new or useful points are made. Sadly one has to read lots of repetitive and often incorrect waffle to get to any pertinent and useful points. Take this thread on the subject of friends.

Now let me say, that I for one do not generally like the Internet redefinition of friends, and I struggle even with Grouply's. However a contributor going under the pseudo-name of netbud seems to be trying to take Grouply to task on the subject and so uses the Ungrouply blog as a vehicle for expanding on this.

Amidst the lengthy treatise there is at least one useful point, that Grouply could provide a "delete friend" button, and netbud states that this idea has been taken on by Grouply. However rather than accepting that a good idea has been taken on board netbud seems to go on and imply that it hasn't. I will let you dear reader decide whether to wade through the rest of the lengthy post.

For me, I would like to say thank you to Netbud, it is only by suggesting improvements in a product or service that it will ever be improved, and this suggestion gets my vote.
Zemanta Pixie

3 comments:

Srihari Yamanoor said...

Well Andy,

Eventually I wouldn't worry about the Ungrouply blog.

First off, no one cares that much about anonymous rants.

Why the sickening inability to show oneself up?

I am going to guess that as Grouply emerges as a tool and improves in functionality, the reputation will rise and of course Ungrouply will fall into oblivion.

PJH said...

Sadly someone is running the Ungrouply blog with the intent of defaming Grouply

Would this be in direct contrast to someone lauding the Grouply ethos, commenting on a different blog?

andyswarbs said...

I would have commented on Ungrouply's blog directly but comments are blocked.